Friday, September 18, 2009

Back at it...

So unfortunately I got all my fly gear stolen out of my car. I have replaced most of it and have been back out to Clear Creek. I spent a few hours down at Clear Creek on Wednesday. Did not have great luck but did catch a couple fish. Caught a nice smallmouth, pumpkinseed and a creek chub.

Caught this guy on my last cast of the day.

Nice Pumkinseed

Creek Chub

New Vest

New Rod and Reel.

Picked up some wading boots and waders from JL Waters. They work great. If you ever have any questions about fly fishing head over to JL Waters and ask for Matt. He is full of good advice when it comes to fly fishing.

New Orvis Waders

First Cross race is this weekend. I can't wait! Should be a blast. Heading to Mason OH for the OVCX opening weekend. Race looks really cool. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

adamrodkey said...

Roger Penske said "winning occurs at the intersection of preparation, execution and luck" so yeah, good luck, but dude, you are going to smash the fields this year.

Geraint Parry said...

I find it amusing that your 'Back at it' refers to fishing! Isn't this a bike race blog!!!