Monday, July 14, 2008

Superweek/Louisville NRC


Friday was the start to a long chunk of racing for me. The first stage of Superweek began that friday night with Beverly cycling classic. Race went pretty well for me. An break went early with about 9 guys, ofcourse I missed it like I always do. I however did manage to bridge up to the chase break and muster up a 17th place.

Saturday was the NRC race down in Louisville. It was freaking so hot down there. It could be one of the hottest races I have ever done. The car said it was 98 degrees. Field was not very stacked with a few pros trickled in including a couple Toyota United guys. I some how managed to not die of hit stroke and picked up another 17th. Enough for a couple NRC points and some fat cash.

Sunday was another race down in Louisville. Fun little course. Tried many times to get away with moves that I thought might stick but nothing lasted to long. I played the sprint wrong and sat to far back behind Texas Roadhouse and ended up 16th.

Well it seems like I am staying consistent in my results. Off to Chicago for the more superweek. Racing 3-4 more days then going to take a couple days off before Evanston.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice ride on saturday- you were clearly suffering hard in the heat but didn't quit it and got a good result. Good luck at superweek.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am one of the organizers of the ENH Grand Prix and really hope you have a good time at the race and do well. We are still learning how to pull together a world class event and I appreciate any feedback from riders. I will be planted next to the start finish line so please feel free to come up and say hi. Thanks for mentioning us in your blog.

I have one favor to ask… we are in need of some more volunteers to help marshal the course and make the event go smoothly, we have a solid crew but could always use a little more help, especially from people who know of crits and cycling.

Please forward the link to our volunteer page http://www.enhgrandprix.com/volunteer.html to anyone who is interested in helping out.

Thanks and have a great race!