Saturday, November 24, 2007

Jingle Cross Day 1

Man, where do I start? My alarm went off at 7:30 after being out drinking until 2am. Isaac picked me up soon after that. We hit the road to Iowa City. Let me tell you there is absolutely nothing between Chicago and Iowa City. My stomach was feeling the multiple Guinness’s I had last night. Decided it would be a good idea to stop and get McDonald's for lunch (didn't help my stomach). We arrived at jingle cross nice and early. We had time to put in a bunch of practice laps before we started. It was cold and sunny a great day for cross. I was lucky this time and had a great starting position in the second row right behind Horner. The beginning of the race went well for me. I got in the lead group for the first lap. Wells and Horner were pushing the pace hard. The pace was just to fast for me and I watched them ride away from me. Then more riders like Doug Swanson, Matter, and Bergman all passed me. I bonked hard on the second lap, then Isaac caught me and I rode with him for awhile. I then regained my strength and hammered away. Ended up 15th. I can't complain but I would have liked to get "a" UCI point. Maybe tomorrow. We are lucky to stay in a sweet hotel room that is cheep and has a coffee shop across the street. Time to rest the legs and get ready for pain fest # 2 tomorrow. Pic's from the weekend will come next week.

No comments: