Sunday, May 25, 2008

Snake Alley



Yesterday my team headed out to Iowa for a great weekend of bike racing. The snake was the first race on the agenda for the weekend. One of my favorite races all year. True mans race. Nothing but cobbled switch back climbs and screaming descents. My goal this year was to do better than 27th which is what I finished last year.
I had a decent starting spot a few rows back. I had a little bit of a rough start, because of my lack of being able to get clipped in. (I need to work on that before cross season). I hit the snake in about 45th position. I pushed hard and moved up a couple placed each lap. Soon enough people were yelling out that I was 15th. WOW! I never thought I would be that far up. And I was right the next lap something happened not really sure what, but I got suddenly very sick and just started puking on the side of the road. Man that pissed me off. Oh well I guess thats bike racing. Just really frustrating because that was going to be one of my best results ever. Today is Melon City I hope I have better luck. Legs are feeling good after a nice recovery week back home in Evanston.

Thanks to everyone cheering on the snake. That motivation really helps push yourself. Really appreaiate it. Props to Ryan for sticking in there and getting a good result. Thanks to Lou at The Pony Shop for lending me his Carbones. Man those wheels are sick. I have ridden a good amount of wheels and those are by far my favorite. Stiff and light nothing more you could ask for.

No comments: