Friday, March 14, 2008

Slacking!


Man have I been slacking with this blog. Sorry to the few readers that may come across this blog. To catch up a bit. Last weekend I went up to Chicago with Pam for her med school interview. We spent a few nights in Evanston and got some crappy rides in on the roubaix roads of the north shore. However on Sunday I cruised out to St. Charles for a crit at Lindenwood University. It was a nasty hard race for me at least. Legs are just not there yet. It is a bit discouraging with everyone around me riding so well. I am just hoping that my legs come around when the time counts. I ended up 15th somewhere in between the break and the main field in no mans land.

(me getting gapped on the uphill)
This week was spring break. We were blessed with awesome weather down here in Bloomington. Somehow I injured myself last weekend at the crit. I was struggling earlier this week with pain in my knee. Took some time off and iced it and it is feeling great now. We will see when I race tomorrow how it feels.

Been spending a good amount of time this week posting up at the Little 500 track. Busting out some hot laps and working on exchanges. Quals are next weekend and I am not looking forward to it. One of the most stressful times for a little 500 rider. 4 laps, 4 exchanges, 3 attempts.

I gotta go pack up for the weekend in Oxford. We will just have to wait and see how the legs will feel. First race in the new kits.

No comments: