Sunday, March 23, 2008

Weekend at Glance

Friday: What a wonderful day. Skipped all 3 of my classes. Weather was perfect, somewhere in the mid 60's. Isaac, Valentine, and Jordan went from a ride. Thought it would be a great day for the forest loop, which it was. After my ride Pam, Isaac and I hit up the Frisbee golf course and played a round of 18. I was surprised how good I still was.

Saturday: Oh good old Little 500 Qualifications. One of the most stressful things I will ever go through. We went at 9:30. Usually a good time to go, but not this year. The track was super slow in the morning which ended up really biting us in the ass later. We had a clean fast run, but just not fast enough I guess. We ended up 16th out of 33 teams. That is 6 rows back, we will be wearing some nasty multicolored jersey and have a pit on the back stretch. Oh well. When all said and done I am happy with my teams performance in quals and just sucks about the bad luck. Partied it up a little bit last night. Played beer bong for the first time in year.

Sunday: Everyone woke up this morning a little bit dazed from the night before. John Meyers was still in town for break so we hit up Nashville 50. Weather was not bad until it started snowing on us. None of us were prepared, so it made the end of the ride a bit chilly. Hit a new record watt today which I was stoked about, and it was in the little ring! I guess my spin is coming around for little 5.

Recently I have been obsessed with Jimmy Cliff. His music is just so good. I will leave you with my favorite song of his.

No comments: