Monday, March 3, 2008

Race Report I Guess?



This report is going to be short and simple. Feel free to read my collegiate competitors blogs for more detailed race reports. Basically on Saturday IU worked that asses off to bring back the break of 3 strong ass riders. I was very happy with how the team rode. We brought back the break which had 2min in 16miles and caught them with 1km to go. Felt pretty good. However there were crashes and lots of yellow line violations in the race, which the officials decided to just DQ everyone. Weird call but I am not going to get into it.

Sunday was the crit. Flat 4 corner with some wicked wind. My Favorite (NOT!) 2 laps in I was sitting towards the back when some Northwestern dude decided he could not ride in the pack anymore and dropped off the back which created a large gap for my teammate and I. 30-40ft gap into a 20mph head wind made it near possible for me to get back to the pack. Oh well. I busted my balls to try to get back but I had no chance with the kind of horse power that was in the pack. Called it a day and drove back to Btown. Next weekend is my first USCF race which I am very stoked for. Get to race with the whole team. Kits are suppose to ship this week as well. I think some of us IU guys are going to head to Missouri next Sunday for the collegiate crit to score some more points for nationals.

Props to the A's girls this weekend who tore it up. Having all the mens A's DQed did not really matter because they scored 2nd, 4th,5th and 11th. Way to go ladies.

No comments: