Friday, March 28, 2008

Ready for Roubaix



I am ready to roll. First big race of the season. I have been waiting all spring for this. Not sure how the legs are going to feel on a 88mile course but there is only one way to find out. Chris, Tom and I are rolling out tomorrow morning to Hillsboro. Weather calls for low 50's with partly cloudy skies. I still think it is going to be to cold to bust out the legs but I will just have to play it by ear.


On Wednesday we had ITT's on the little 500 track. I didn't do so hot. I ended up 10th, not to bad out of over 100 guys. I just have serious troubles spinning that fast on a bike with platform pedals. I have given up trying to be sweet at little 5. I guess I never really tried all that hard in the first place. I ended up putting up the my worst time in the 3 years I have riden Little 5. Isaac crushed everyone with a head cold. He is something else on the little 5 bike. Those guys have Miss-N-Out this weekend. Hope Isaac crushes it like he did in ITT's.



My mountain bike has not been getting the loving it should be. I think I am going to try to get out next week and thrash the trails. I hope to get in a couple mtb races in this summer, but it might be hard with the packed road schedule. Noticed today the elk grove is going to be money packed this year. I hope I got fast legs come early August. Looks like $35,000 is going to be on the line. Alright I gotta go pack and make some dinner. Cheers.

No comments: