Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Regionals Report





What a great weekend. We ventured up North to Wisconsin for collegiate regionals last weekend. Wisconsin is by far one of my favorite states. We got off to a late start after the Little 500 Banquet which ended up to be not very eventful. The GPS had the trip calculated for arrival time around 2am which was not very far off.

Saturday was the road race. I did not have the best luck during it. I am struggling with a cold so I was unsure how I was going to feel. Legs felt great for the first couple laps of the RR but soon the massive urge for urination set in and I could not stand it anymore. Pulled over and pissed because I am not cool enough to piss of my bike. That was it, pack was flying and I chased for the whole lap and they had put 4min on me. It was over. The rest of the team did very well. We got one in the break and Isaac finished strong in the field sprint.

Sunday was the TTT which we rocked. Felt really good to win something this weekend. We did not even have our actual Nationals team together for it and still won by 5 sec. I look forward to getting my new TT bike and killing it in Colorado.

Sunday afternoon was the crit around the capital in Madison. What a sweet crit, fast with a short lap. I live for crits like this. My legs felt some how amazing in the crit which was amazing after all the riding I had done that weekend. Did a lot of work bringing stuff back and trying to get away and had nothing left for the sprint. Finished 10th right behind Isaac after I started to cramp in the sprint.

6 hour drive back to Bloomington was not so fun after that long weekend. We won the whole conference and we are going to Nats so it was a very successful weekend. Our IU girls crushed it this weekend and were a big part in IU winning the overall conference.

No comments: