Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Hillsboro Report


What a mess. First big race of the season. I guess my legs are not ready for 90mile road races this early in the season. Oh well I know they will come around. The course at Hillsboro was awesome. It had a little bit of everything wind, gravel, hills, tight corners. Gravel sections were by far my favorite part. It was so much fun just hammering through those sections with gravel flying and dust everywhere. My roubaix wheelset could not have been better for this race.

I felt great for the first 2 laps, even though they were not that fast. Brought a couple small things back which made me feel somewhat worthwhile. Started to feel the cramps coming on the end of the 3rd lap. When we came back into down the field got broken apart in the feed zone. I was just a little bit to far back when that happened and I got gapped. That was the end for me. I worked my ass off to try to get back to the pack and just could not do it. I got so close a couple times. I road the last lap mainly solo going in and out of a few groups. I finished the race with a small group. However they were freaking attaching and doing ridiculous stuff. We are sprinting for 32nd it really does not matter what I yelled at them, but they kept on attaching. I was not into all this so I rode in at my own pace for 38th. I hope you guys feel special that you got 32nd through 38th. There were over a 100 starters so I do not feel to bad about my result. The results will come later this spring hopefully. Tom ended up right behind me in 40th I believe. It was sweet to have teammates this weekend. Nice job Tom and Chris.

Word on the street is that Toona is not happening this year. It is only going to be one day. This means Superweek to the max and the Chicago Crit. I really wanted to do Toona but I can't complain racing in my backyard.

Props to Isaac for winning Miss-n-out this weekend.

No comments: