Sunday, August 24, 2008

Victory!

After chasing the "W" all season it finally happened. Its been almost 60 races but all the hard work has payed off. Last night the Alderfer Bergen crew headed up to Warsaw IN where are sponsor Alan Alderfer put on his own race. I honestly was not sure how I was going to feel because of my time off the bike. What do you know taking 5 days off worked out to be just fine. I got into a break with 4 Bissel dudes and Greg from Turin. We took a lap fairly quickly because of the very short loop. I thought there was no way I could win against 4 Bissel guys but there lead out train blew up on the back stretch and there I was sitting 3rd wheel out of the last corner. I put my head down and sprinted my legs off to nip the Bissel rider at the line. It was fantastic for the team. Alan seemed to be super pleased with our performance.
Spent the rest of the evening talking plans for next year which are looking good. Then spent a little to much of our race winnings on Long Islands at the local bar. I am feeling them for sure while I am writing this. Road season is over unless I somehow decide I want to race gateway cup next weekend. Off to start gluing tubies.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job Mike. Ted

AH said...

You're my hero, Mike Scherer.

PONY SHOP said...

Hell yeah, great news! Way to go Mike more to come this cross season I'm sure.

AH said...

Ok but seriously -- that was a good race.

Anonymous said...

Nice work Mike, you heading to Michigan?