Monday, November 10, 2008

What a weekend!

GOOSE POO!!!!

This past weekend Pam and I ventured North for the some true weather cross racing. Chicago provided a perfect playing ground for this weekends cross race. Cold Cold Cold with rain and snow. We arrived Friday evening just in time for the Pony Shop Cross Dinner at EJ's Place. Thanks EJ and Luca for an amazing evening.

Saturday Pam and I slept in and a had a fest of a breakfast thanks to my rents. We then ventured out to the lakefront for some cross riding. We hit up all the good cross hot spots in Evanston. I flatted last week so I had to go into the shop and glue a new tubular on. Lou was one step ahead of me and did it for me. I really appreciate that. We hung out the shop for awhile. I miss that place. Best shop I have ever been too for sure.
Sunday was the cross race. We drove over to Northbrook on the cold rain morning in time for the Masters Race. Way to go to Lou, Mark, Dan, Jim, Roman, and EJ for ripping it up. Pam had a killer race this week. She is really coming onto form with her handling skills. She ended up 4th. As for the 1/2/3 race I was a little nervous with everyone saying how fast everyone was this year. I had a horrible start from the where I came unclipped and was top tube surfing for a bit. I got my stuff together and hammered up to 5th wheel before the first woods section. I stayed there until after the first run up and then through down my attack and never looked back. Ended up getting the win. Thanks for everyone cheering it really helped.

Last night we got back into town just in time to go see Rusted Root. It was an awesome show.

Picked up some new sweet shades. Love the Neon!

Ouch that was a long race. They had us race almost 1:20.

PONY SHOP!

Run up # 1

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike- Good to see you this weekend. You were killing it on Sudnay!

velogrrl said...

Congrats on your Win, Mike. You were flying!!

your pic is on Truesport today:
http://www.truesport.com/bike/2008/photos/nov/chicagocx06.html

keep you eye out as the week goes on, it will probably be on some of the other sites too. hopefully with your name spelled correctly!

I have the original if you want it.