Monday, November 17, 2008

Yet another Cross weekend


Saturday: Isaac and I headed up to Purdue for some collegiate cyclocross. It rained the entire drive up there. Cold and wet were the conditions that day. Fast start for the race made the legs and lungs burn like hell. Soon after the start I flatted. That's number 3 for me this season. Isaac took a strong lead and never looked back. He held all the riders off for the "W". However half a lap back was me with a flat, no spare wheels or bike. Reason behind this was I did not want to dirty up my A bike for Sunday. A freindly IU student lent me his rear wheel. All and all the wheel change set me back about 3min. I chased somewhat hard and ended up working my way back up to 7th right behind Kip and Derek

Sunday: Pam Isaac and I ventured South to Lexington KY for #10 in the OVCX series. Another cold and wet day. Temps in the 30's. Pam had a solid race, but was struggling in the mud. The race promoters thought she was in no mans land in 5th and decided pull her before her last lap. I think that is kinda ridiculus. Anything can happen in he last lap of cross races. And just because they are women you should not cut there race short. In the 1/2/3 race we started off blazing. I had trouble getting clipped in but managed to take the lead by the 3rd corner. Ryan and I soon got a gap from the field. I pulled him around for a few laps he attacked me and I could not respond. I kept messing up and his gap kept getting bigger. Ended up 2nd and Isaac finished up 5th rounding up the top 5.

No comments: