Sunday, February 24, 2008

First Race!

The OSU crit was canceled on Saturday so Isaac Ryan and I headed out for a solid 3 hour tempo ride. Roads were not to bad, and the temp was bearable. We ended up killing each other and made it a super tough ride. It was exactly what I needed. Training has been slacking a bit due to the foul weather.

The Road race today was not canceled so we headed out to Columbus last night. We arrived at our hotel which was quite unique. My best words of advice is that you should never ever stay at a Econo Lodge. Let me tell you that they are nasty. Our beds were covered with urine and blood stains, scattered with hair. We all had one of the worst nights of sleep in our lives, because of our fear of contracting some nasty infection. Isaac and I slept in Leg warmers, shorts, socks, long sleeve base layers, and winter hats, to avoid all contact with the sheets.

Started this morning with stiff backs and sore legs from Saturdays ride. We decided it would be best not to try the motels breakfast so we hit up the golden arches. So good! I have to say I am a huge fan of McDonald's breakfast. Race today was a 40mile square road race. Almost a circuit race because the laps were only 5miles long. IU had a good showing with 6 guys. Graham the man attacked in the first corner and broke away the entire race. Mad props to him. As for the rest of us, we tried to cover as much as we could. I got away a few times throughout the race, but nothing could stick. My legs were thrashed by the time the sprint came around. Managed to get somewhere in the top 10. Props to all the IU riders for killing it today. I believe we won every category today. With Pam and Grahams win in the A's we are on track for qualifying for Nats. Off to shower and get out of these nasty clothes.

1 comment:

BVDG said...

good job this weekend bro, you guys have turned the IU team around bigtime.