Monday, September 15, 2008

First Cross Race of 2008

Sunday was my first cross race of the season. Pam and I headed out to Cinncinati on Saturday evening to stay with her rents. We had a wonderful dinner curtousy of the Pam's parents. I also had some time to see Pam's dog Maggie.
Sundays weather was quite interesting. Weather called for heat and wind. It was in the mid to high 80's with gust up to 68mph. It had to have been the windiest races I have ever done. Race went pretty well for the first race of the season. I ended up 4th which I can't complain about. I had 3rd locked down but on the last lap a gust of windy blew the caution tape into my cassette and got all tangled up. I lost my position after messing with my cassette until I could ride in my 25 or 26 for the last lap. Isaac road a solid race. He was pushing the pace hard for the majority of the race and ended up 6th. Ryan got hit in the face with a overhanging branch and got bucked off his bike. Pam had a great start to her season with a solid 6th place. Issac, Ryan, and I are loading up the Legacy with 6 bikes and heading up to Detroit for 2 UCI races this weekend then off to Vegas on Wednesday.

No comments: