Saturday, September 20, 2008

UCI Michigan Day one

Where do I start? Ryan, Isaac and I headed up to Detroit this morning at 7am. After 6 hours of driving we arrived here. Super sweet course. Had a little bit of everything. I had a great start even though I started last row. I went straight up to the front. I lead the chase group (riding in 3rd place) for a lap or 2. I was so stoked. I might actually have a chance of getting a UCI point. I thought too soon. On the 4th lap out of 10 I flatted my front wheel. Got my pit bike crashed that and crashed some more. I went all the way back to 18th but then worked myself all the way up to 14th. Not a bad result but would of liked a UCI point.
I could not fix my front flat with sealant. So no Reynolds for Vegas :( Looks like I will be riding the Kysriums at Vegas unless anyone has a Challenge tire in Bloomington or can get me one by Monday or Tuesday because my flight is at 6:45am on Wednesday. Or if anyone will let me ride there sweet carbon wheels. Wish me luck for tomorrow.

1 comment:

bayside said...

hey if you still need that box gimme a call and let me know.(630)327-3203.
vinicky