Monday, September 22, 2008

UCI Michigan Day Two


UCI POINTS!!!!! Finally the day came. I really did not think it was going to be possible but I was wrong. Sunday went better for me. I through the Kysriums on my single bike and I was ready to roll. Had another good start which took me right up to the lead group. I was the last guy of the lead split, but soon I got popped out to that group and rode the rest of the race by myself until Steve Tilford caught me after he flatted. Mad props to Steve for railing the cross with only a front brake. We kinda battled it out for the last lap and it came down to a photo finish. He lead out the sprint and got me by half a wheel at the line. So I finished 7th. 6 UCI points!! Stinks that the first World Cup is not til October 18th. It would of been nice to have some points this Wednesday at Cross Vegas.
I am coming down with a cold so I am trying every possible thing to get over it before Wednesday.

Ryan and I leave at 4am Wedneday for Vegas. I can't freaking wait. Off to bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! See you in Vegas !!!

Anonymous said...

Mike-Awesome job this weekend. Look forward to following your season.