Monday, December 17, 2007

End of the Road.....

My 2007 racing season has come to a close after my last race on Sunday. Sunday went a little better for me than Saturday at Nats. It was mighty cold on Sunday morning for the collegiate race, but the sun was out which made a big difference. Isaac and I decided the only fair way to decide who gets the better call up was the old fashion rock, paper, scissors. I won paper over rock and got called up to the 3rd row. I got a good start and picked people off quick. I was riding around 4-8th place the whole race. Isaac soon passed me which was amazing because he started at the very back. We road together for awhile then he road away from me after I crashed about 20 times. I was getting very frustrated because I seemed to just wash out in every corner. I kept the pace high the whole last lap hoping the rider from Fort Lewis would not catch me. Unfortunately he put in a wicked sprint on the road and passed me. I ended up 9th in the collegiate race. I'm pretty happy with my result, knowing that there were 142 starters and this is my first real cross season. I still have 2 more years at the collegiate title.
Props to Isaac for finishing one place in front of me on Saturday and finishing in the top 5 on Sunday. Props to Ryan for winning the B's race on Thursday and killing it on Sunday in the elite race and finishing 32nd. Not bad for starting in the last row. And my last shout out is to Tim Johnson who killed it for the Elite title. Page needed to be beat by a real American cross racer. I can't wait to see what Johnson will do with his kit next year with the stars and bars.
Season is over and I am back home in Evanston. I am going to take 2 weeks off and relax. Plan to eat a ton and drink my fair share of beer. I have had a long season and my body needs some well needed rest. I got a bunch of bike work to do on my bikes which I am looking forward to. I just got RED for my supersix which I am looking forward to installing tomorrow. Thats it for now. I will post pics of the bike with the new groupo and wheels later this week.

No comments: