Sunday, December 30, 2007

Training Camp Day 1


I'm finally back down in Bloomington after a long restful winter break/time off. I got back yesterday afternoon. I enjoyed my journey down here because I got to drive me new wagon. I ended up getting a 2006 Subaru Legacy wagon. I love it!! I want to drive everywhere. Not as fast as my WRX but it gets much better gas mileage and has a ton of room. It was good to see my roomies and Chris/Kim yesterday. Its been a little while.

Woke up this morning after a uneasy sleep. I think it was due to my excitement for training camp. It has had been 2 weeks since I have been on the bike. We got to sleep in a little bit this morning and started the ride at the local coffee shop. I decided to go for the breakfast Burrito instead of the coffee this morning. We had a good size group of 8. We ventured west out of Bloomington. Tom took us on a sweet 4 hour ride. The speed was a little to fast for my liking, but I kept riding anyway. Seemed to get dropped on every climb. Weather was not to bad today, somewhere around 38 and cloudy. The ride is over and we are all relaxing around our house. I think we are going to take it easy tonight because we have a 5 hour ride ahead of us tomorrow and a night of hard boozing. Thats all for today, but check back for daily updates from our Bloomington training camp. I will leave with some pictures of the new Sram Red. Man I love that stuff. Im really impressed in how light and how well it works.

1 comment:

Seth said...

Nice ride, man! I enjoyed my year with the SystemSix, but we're rocking Cervélo next season, which I'm excited to switch to!