Monday, December 10, 2007

Snowy Sunday Race Report

Was yesterday awesome or what? Drove up to Chi town on Saturday morning to build up my B bike at the shop. It was good to be back at the shop. Miss that place when I am down at school. I was amazed to see Lou's sick matching Colnago C-50's, with 2 sets of Mavic Ultimites. The B bike went together very well. I was so happy with it I decided to race it on Sunday. I wanted to try out racing a double. I put a 39t 46t on the bike.

As for the race on Sunday, I showed up to a snowy/raining mess. I just missed the end of the 30+ race. Props to Lou for winning the state championships and clinching the overall 30+ series. It was cold and miserable. I lined up at the line next to all the Chicago bad asses. I was pissed to find out that Tristan showed up. I knew I was racing for 2nd place. Once the gun went off I went straight to the back. I could not get clipped in, so it took a couple laps to move up. I got up to 2nd place after the 3rd lap and put a big gap on some Sram factory dude. He then caught back up after I kept messing up in every corner. That is one thing I need to work on for next year is my technical skills. I sucked it up. The Sram dude rode away from me while I dug deep to try to bring him back, but I kept making mistakes. Ended up 3rd, I am happy with my result but really wanted 2nd. The course was so awesome, one of the most fun I have had on the cross bike all year. Can't wait for next year.

Finals are this week and I am getting ready for Nationals. Isaac, Pam, and I are leaving for Kansas on Friday morning so we can ride the course Friday evening. U23 on Saturday and Collegiate on Sunday. Weather is looking good. Cold and sunny. I'm out.

No comments: