Thursday, October 9, 2008

Stupid Injuries


So yesterday I tried to ride my cross bike. This didn't go so well. I have tremendous pain in my thumb joint when I ride over rough stuff or when my fork chatters. I am not really sure how this weekend will go for me. I could be watching from the sideline with a cowbell and a beer. I am going to give it a shot tomorrow and push through the pain. Me being the paranoid type I have been reading online all about sprained thumbs. Everyone says 3-6 weeks for recovery, if you push it you might damage it for good. This stuff is scaring me. I got a bunch of big cross races coming up. I will keep everyone up to date on how the races go this weekend. Tomorrow is my birthday. So maybe the birthday gods will help get rid of the pain. If I could just go back and not take the line through the rock garden and just ride around it.

My awesome parents sent me down, 8 steaks, 6 hamburgers, 2 bags of meat balls, 8 Loaded baked patatos, 2 things of pasta, and a apple pie. You trying to say something? I'm not that skinny. Im off to try to do some openers before the weekend, then grilling.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where is the pain on your thumb? If its right where the thumb meets the hand it could be game keepers thumb, or if its further into the hand Im not sure. I was in a cast for 4 weeks to fix my thumb when I had game keepers.