Monday, October 27, 2008

USGP Weekend


What a weekend!! This past weekend we ventured south to Louisville for the first USGP of the season. Pam and I headed down Friday night because her race was so early on Saturday morning. When we got there they said we made the reservation for the wrong night and all the rooms were booked. What the hell? While we were having a heated conversation with the lady at the front desk someone called the hotel saying that they were cancelling their reservations, lucky us.

We came stocked up for the weekend.

The cross whips!

The actual racing this weekend did not go that well for me. It was the weekend of crashing and mechanicals. Saturday some dude came into me and broke a spoke in my front reynolds. Then Mitchell Peterson crashed into me in the sand pit. I finally got to the pit and got a new bike. I worked my way back up to 27th then on last lap my saddle slipped and was pointing nose up in the air. Had to do another bike change. Sunday I thought was going better until I crashed bad in a dry washed out corner. My "freind" Mitchell Peterson thought I was slowing him down from winning the race and said "thank you" when I crashed. This is after he was on my wheel and coudn't keep his mouth shut. I mean if you are really that sweet just pass me. I just hate when people have to be asses in races. We are all out there to have fun not be douche bags. I caught back up after my crash then got caught behind some more crashes and blew up. I just called it a day early. Rest of the crew had a great weekend of racing. Pam finished 3rd and 2nd in the 3/4's. Isaac finished strong yesterday with 21st place right behind Mitchell Peterson. Oh wait you didn't win? Andy finished 1st and 2nd in the 2/3 race. Brian finished 8th and 6th in the Masters 35. Thanks to everyone for putting on a wonderful race.

New Brakes.

I had go for the classic bars.

No comments: